|itsislandtime > Hilton Head Island > Top 10 (Other) Things To Do On Hilton Head Island|
Hilton Head Island
Jun 25, 2007, 16:07
When most people go on vacation to Hilton Head Island their activities usually center on visiting the beach, playing golf or tennis, and dining out at restaurants. Here's our Top 10 List of other things to do on your Hilton Head Vacation:
10. Explore Nature. Visit the Coastal Discovery Museum, take a guided nature tour, or walk one of the many nature preserves on the Island. Among the wildlife you will find on Hilton Head are alligators, loggerhead turtles, osprey, bald eagles, blue herons, white egrets, and many other species of animals and birds.
9. Rent a watercraft. You can admit it - you have always wanted to try a jet ski or a sailboat. Now you can rent your own watercraft for the day. Don't worry if you don't know how to navigate the craft - lessons and instructions are available.
8. Go deep sea fishing. Have you ever wanted to catch a really big fish? Then try deep sea fishing off of the coast of South Carolina. Both private charters and public day trips are available.
7. Rent a kayak or canoe. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of paddling through miles of lagoons and marshland. Guided tours are available.
6. Ride a bike. Not only can you ride your bike on the beach, but there are also over 100 miles of bike paths on HIlton Head Island along HIghway 278 and through the resort communities. Most of the resort communities have riding trails that wander through nature preserves. Many rental companies will pick up and deliver bike rentals at no charge. Remember to wear your helmet, lock up your bike when you park, and never leave any valuables on your bicycle.
5. Take a boat tour. There are daily cruises around the Island, to Daufuskie Island, and down to Savannah, Georgia. Sailboat and motorboat cruises are available. Among the different cruises available are dinner cruises, sunset cruises, dolphin watch cruises, nature cruises, and more.
4. Spend a day at the spa. Both Hilton Head and Daufuskie Island have world class day spas where you can be poked, massaged, and pampered for the afternoon.
3. Take in a polo match. Just off the sland in the town of Bluffton, Rose Hill Plantation features seasonal polo matches and the best tailgate party you will ever attend. Pack your blanket, cooler, and picnic basket and watch the horses and riders in an exciting match of polo.
2. Go to the top of the Harbour Town Lighthouse. Be sure to take your camera to get some spectacular shots of the boats in the marina, the famed 18th hole at the Harbour Town Golf Links, and the Atlantic Ocean. While your at the marina, visit some of the local boutiques, grab some lunch or dinner at one of the many restaurants, and sip a cool beverage outside while watching the live entertainment.
1. RELAX. Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean you have to cram every minute of the day with events and activities. Spend a few hours outside at the beach, by the pool, on your balcony, or at a cafe table simply taking in the sites and relaxing.